Charity shop enjoys grand opening
ST Nicholas Hospice care has celebrated the grand opening of its new Mildenhall charity shop.
The ribbon of the shop in Mill Street was cut by RAF Sqdn Ldr Rick Fryer.
He was joined at the event by hospice staff and volunteers who gave customers a taste of the services the hospice offers patients and carers.
Susanne Dickson, hospice retail co-ordinator, said: “We were aiming to make the community more aware of what the hospice does and I think we managed that through the complementary therapies.”
Volunteers also kept customers refreshed with home-made cakes and drinks.
Ian Daniels, hospice head of retail, said: “I am delighted the Mildenhall shop is officially open. I hope people enjoy shopping there, knowing that every penny they spend goes to a good cause.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west