Centre has bloomed in 30 years
A GARDEN centre has celebrated 30 years of growing success.
Thetford Garden Centre marked the anniversary by throwing its Big Birthday Party on Saturday.
Face painting, balloon modelling and badge making were among the activities available to customers – with animal petting on Melsop Farm.
Thetford Players also made an appearance on the day, putting on a show featuring a pantomime dame and Snow White.
Terry Lamb, Mayor of Thetford, made a speech to visitors before cutting a specially made birthday cake.
He said: “To have a business reach its 30th anniversary is one thing, but to have a flourishing one is quite an achievement.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east