Bury St Edmunds Garden centre hosts memory tree in aid of Alzheimer’s charity
Visitors to the Bury St Edmunds Garden Centre are bring invited to write down their memories and recollections of friends and family and place them on a charity memory tree.
The special tree will be at the centre in Rougham Road until Christmas Eve to help raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society, the centre’s national charity of the year.
Manager Adrian Royal said: “Gardening can have a positive impact on physical and mental well-being and can improve the quality of life for people in all stages of dementia. It also provides a work out for the respiratory and cardiovascular systems and can improve strength, endurance and flexibility.”
People who want to put their thoughts in writing can pick up a special tag from the garden centre in return for a donation to the charity.
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading support and research charity for people with dementia.
For more information, call the garden centre on 01284 755 818 or visit www.burygardencentre.co.uk
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North