Bra-vo for shop’s cancer fund-raiser
A BRA campaign by an independent Bury St Edmunds shop is to raise vital funds for a cancer research charity.
As part of Breast Cancer Awarenessmonth, Bella Lingerie in The Traverse, is running a bra bank to raise funds for Against Breast Cancer.
“Breast cancer is something all women worry about. We only put the bank in on Friday but over the weekend we had about 20 donated,” said Teresa Martin, from the shop.
The old bras will go to women in Africa, while money based on the weight of the bras, will go the charity.
Bella Lingerie will also donate £1 for every bra and give 10 per cent off to those wishing to replace their bras.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east