Bowling alley puts up board in protest against ‘pressure’
A BOWLING alley owner has boarded up three windows of his town centre business in protest at what he sees as ‘extreme pressure’ on trading.
Nolan Guthrie, owner of Mr G’s Bowling Alley, said the pedestrianisation of Market Hill, in Brandon, which was brought in last month would hurt businesses.
“When I first came here I supported pedestrianising that area and got criticised for it and now I think the critics were right.
“People aren’t coming to the Market Hill to abuse parking – they are coming here to spend money in a deprived area,” he said.
Mr Guthrie said the parking was also limiting access to his businesses, with deliveries hampered by the move.
Other businesses in the area have said they are reserving judgment on the changes.
One owner said it would take ‘at least six months’ before the effects of the change became clear.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west