Blockbuster announces closures
The joint administrators to Blockbusters have confirmed that its Stowmarket store will close.
But staff at the Thetford and Mildenhall branches will keep their jobs after Deloitte said their stores will remain open.
The Stowmarket branch is one of 31 stores which already had notice of closure before the rental chain entered administration. Deloitte announced that another 129 stores will close in the coming weeks.
Lee Manning, administrator, said: “Having reviewed the portfolio with management, the store closure plan is an inevitable consequence of having to restructure the company to a profitable core which is capable of being sold.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west