Birthday bash helps hospital
A FAMILY fun day on Moreton Hall has raised more than £100 for a children’s ward at West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds.
Little Squigglers, a messy play club for pre-school aged children, celebrated its first birthday by hosting a party at Moreton Hall Community Centre on September 9.
Owner Amanda Wigzell said: “The day was a huge success. “We were overwhelmed by the amount of families who came along to enjoy the fun day.
“We estimate there were over 200 people through the door throughout the morning and it was a good mixture of current customers, previous customers and new faces too.”
As well as a host of free activities, including a free messy play session, there was cake, balloons and face painting for families to enjoy.
A number of businesses exhibited child-centred stalls, including Lots and Tots baby clothes and accessories, Usbourne books and Phoenix cards, and there were a variety of paid crafts, as well as a photography studio offering family portraits.
A raffle held on the day raised £105 for the Rainbow Ward at West Suffolk Hospital.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east