Beyton car driver was teacher with good intentions say police
Police have said that an incident involving an approach to a nine-year-old girl in Beyton on Friday was well intentioned.
Police were contacted after the driver of a dark coloured car spoke to a young girl who was with a group of friends at the Bury Road crossroads between 4 and 5pm.
Today police said they had been contacted by Beyton Middle School which had confirmed that the driver of the car was a teacher who had been checking that the girl was all right.
The school said that the teacher was concerned as the girl had been standing near to the school in her uniform some time after the school day had ended.
The girl’s parents had been advised of the matter said police,
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east