Bears compete in ‘Olympic’ events
CHILDREN accompanied by steadfast and cuddly companions took part in the Teddy Olympics at Mildenhall Woods last week.
Almost 100 competitors gathered at the woods which, for one day, was transformed into a stadium for athletic and imaginative excellence.
Children accompanied by their teddies were put through their paces as they completed a lap of the play equipment.
They balanced across beams and scaled obstacles to reach the finish line where they were each awarded with a medal.
Other events included den making, bug catching, arts and crafts and hide and seek.
Organisers from Forest Heath District Council said all competitors took part in the events enthusiastically and parents gave positive feedback.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east