Author works with youngsters at Howard Primary School in Bury St Edmunds
Annie Stewart, author of The Adventures of Wilf visited Howard Primary School in Bury St Edmunds to help children with their literacy
Annie Stewart, author of The Adventures of Wilf and Wilf runs away visited Howard Primary School in Bury St Edmunds to help children with their literacy.
She ran a creative writing workshop which saw children write a story over the half term holiday called Wilf and the lost pumpkin.
Megan Foreman came first in the year three competitiion with Rosie Marston and Hanna Brown joint second.
“Wilf and I were very pleased with the results,” said Annie. “The competition has really helped to stimulate the children’s imaginations and inspired them to write great stories.”
Deputy headteacher Ian Holman said: “The children were excited to write with a published author and have written some wonderful stories.
“We now have some budding authors of our own.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east