Art show at John Peel Centre
Stowmarket Lions Club are holding its first art show at the recently completed John Peel Centre for the Creative Arts over the weekend.
More than 80 artists from all over the county will display their work from 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Admission is £1 and refreshments will be available - all proceeds from the art show will be split equally between the John Peel Centre and Stowmarket Lions local charities.
Stowmarket Lions Club President Keith Copper said: “They have had one or bands play at the venue so far but this is the first art show to be put on.
“It’s in a nice handy location in the town centre and we’ll haver a man with a sandwich board directing people in.
“We are hoping to get a couple of thousand people through the doors - it shows there is more to the centre than just music.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west