Arch signs will illuminate Bury St Edmunds street
Illuminated arch signs will soon be installed at each end of Central Walk, in Bury St Edmunds.
The first sign was installed this week and the other is due to go up next Tuesday.
A spokeswoman for St Edmundsbury Borough Council said the signs had been designed and manufactured as part of efforts to improve Bury’s street scene.
They cost £8,000 and were funded by the developer of the arc shopping centre.
The subject has prompted much debate on social media, with @jojolebbo, @CarolTricker and @MarkFNColeman among Twitter users labelling them ‘a waste of money’.
In contrast, @stegs73 said the arch looked ‘good’ and @PHPsauce said he thought it looked ‘great’.
“It’s a good attempt to join the old and new parts of town,” said @PHPsauce, on Twitter.
What do you think of the arch? Do you like the look of the first one? Feel free to leave your comments below.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east