Appeal for witnesses after late night crash involving mini bus and car on the A11
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a serious road accident on the A11 at Kennett just after midnight.
At around 12:05am police received reports of a collision between a silver BMW and a mini bus on the northbound carriageway between Barton Mills and Newmarket.
The mini bus is said to have rolled as a result of the collision and p assengers were taken to West Suffolk Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Police say that the passengers and driver were able to get out of the vehicle and those that were taken to hospital were not thought to have suffered life threatening or life changing injuries.
The northbound carriageway was blocked for a time while the incident was dealt with but the road fully reopened at around 3:20am.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact the Bury St Edmunds Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North