A1065 reopened after suspicious vehicle found at RAF Lakenheath
A SUSPICIOUS vehicle outside gate one of RAF Lakenheath has been declared safe and the A1605 has been reopened.
Base officials were alerted to the vehicle at 9am today, they proceeded to close the A1065 Mildenhall to Brandon road and evacuate personnel from the area and several surrounding facilities.
MOD Explosive Ordinance Disposal experts have now checked the vehicle and declared it safe.
Officials said the substance that aroused suspicion has been identified as a fertiliser-like material.
The A1065 and RAF Lakenheath Gate one have now been reopened.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west