A smashing night for St Nicholas Hospice Care
THEY smashed it.
It was a brilliant evening for St Nicholas Hospice Care last night after the results of the Towergate Accumulator Challenge were announced.
The fund-raiser now in its third year raised a staggering £65,549 – that compares to £40,000 last year and £20,000 the year before.
The challenge saw Towergate Insurance give £50 notes to 52 businesses – those businesses then went off and used some truly inventive ways to turn it into a bigger bundle of cash.
Apprentice winner 2011 Tom Pellereau presented the prize to the company that raised the most cash – Jacobs Allen raised £9,476.88 through a race night, and partnership work with other firms.
There was cheers as the grand total was announced.
“This is absolutely incredible,” said Tom.
– See Friday’s Bury Free Press for the full story.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west