£3.5m fund for projects
COMMUNITY-led building projects can now claim a chunk of a £3.5 million fund announced this week.
The Norfolk County Council Community Construction Fund is offering organisations the chance to apply for a share of the money, intended to help the construction of schemes such as village hall extensions, sports facilities, play areas and other community facilities.
Applicants will have to be formally constituted bodies such as parish and town councils, charities or sports clubs.
The fund was announced at Monday’s meeting of the cabinet.
Applications will be accepted from Monday, with the first projects expected to be approved by Christmas.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west