25th birthday bash for town’s TIC
MID Suffolk’s Tourist Information Centre celebrated its 25th anniversary with a big birthday bash.
Special guests to the anniversary party last Thursday included Hamish McFarlane, a former chief executive at Mid Suffolk District Council who helped to set up the TIC, current chief executive for Mid Suffolk and Babergh Charlie Adan, Stowmarket Mayor Anne Whybrow and leader of Mid Suffolk District Council Lesley Mayes.
The TIC, at the Museum of East Anglian Life, in Stowmarket, was originally opened in 1987.
In the early years, visitor numbers averaged around 20,000 a year, now they exceed 100,000.
Manger Annette Ellis said: “This underlines how many businesses and organisations we work with, and also how important tourism is to both our local economy and community – and we hope and expect to continue to grow.”
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- BNI aims for £1 million business growth following launch in Bury St Edmunds
- Priory School gets gold star marking
- Police call for compensation claim not to detract from officers’ ‘hard work’
- Suffolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner sets out priorities for local policing
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west