Fire in electric meter box

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Stowmarket in the early hours of this morning to combat a fire involving an outside electric meter box.

Two fire engines from Stowmarket and Needham Market attended the incident at the semi detached property in Fox Court at 4.57am.

They used two dry powder extinguishers to fight the fire and UK Power Networks attended the scene to repair damage to an underground cable.

A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the fire did not spread to the house and no one was injured.

He added that the incident is being treated as ‘suspicious’.