Fire in care home room

0
Have your say

A SMOULDERING tissue near a lamp in an elderly resident’s bedroom at a Stowmarket care home triggered alarms shortly before 5am yesterday.

Fire crews from Stowmarket and Needham Market were called in to deal with the incident at Hillcroft House, in Finborough Road.

Hillcroft night staff investigated the area which had set off alarms and evacuated four residents in one wing, for safety reasons.

Commenting on the response by the fire service, Hillcroft’s manager Heather Choat said: “They were absolutely excellent, they were here within minutes.”

She said staff would be checking the care home’s risk assessments but she believes they worked well yesterday. No-one was hurt.