Schools vouchers help out
CUSTOMERS at Tesco in Bury St Edmunds have helped two local schools and a youth club buy more equipment through the Tesco for Schools scheme.
Vouchers which were not wanted by customers at the checkout were collected and saved for three selected groups chosen in a blind dip by the store manager.
People could then donate their vouchers to whichever school they wished and this year Westley Middle and Howard Primary schools and Moretona Hall Youth Action Club were the lucky recipients.
Lynda Osborn, Tesco community champion, said: “It’s a brilliant scheme for schools and clubs and last year when we did it we helped to provide £17,000 of equipment.
Schools can select a range of items, from outdoor play equipment to items for science, literacy and numeracy, IT skills and sports equipment.
Tesco for Schools and Clubs has been running for 21 years, having started as Computers for Schools and £185 million of equipment has been provided.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west