Pupils raise thousands of pounds for hospice
Pupils at Culford School have raised more than £4,500 for a vital charity.
They amassed the money for St Nicholas Hospice Care from their annual charity fashion show and contributions at a carol service at St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
Sue Long, community fund-raiser at the hospice, said: “Thank you to everyone at Culford School who has helped to raise this amazing sum of money and to everyone who supported the carol concert and fashion show.
“The hospice has to raise £11,000 every day to continue its vital work so this donation will help ensure we can continue to help patients suffering from life-shortening illnesses and their families.”
The money was raised and donated in memory of a member of staff at Culford.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North