A MAN was still in intensive care yesterday after a serious assault in his own home left him with potential life-threatening head injuries.
Police were called to a bungalow in Raynham Road, Bury St Edmunds, shortly before 10pm on Tuesday following reports of a disturbance.
They found a 30-year-old, who lived there with his mother, had suffered serious head injuries.
He was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury, where is said to be in a critical, but stable, condition.
Terry-Jacob Patrick, a 48-year-old who had been living at the victim’s home, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
He appeared in Bury Magistrates Court yesterday charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
He was remanded in custody until his next court appearance on March 22.
Meanwhile, scenes of crime officers examined the bungalow and put a tent over its back door.
Suffolk Police initially referred the incident to the Independent Police Complaints Commission because the injured man had had previous contact with them. Police must report serious injury cases where there was previous contact to the IPCC in case earlier action was inadequate.
But yesterday the IPCC said: “After initial assessment we decided there are no concerns raised which would require our involvement in any investigation.”