Harassment man banned from entering street
A MAN who bombarded a woman with phone calls and text messages has been banned from entering Northgate Street, Bury St Edmunds, and contacting his victim for the next five years.
Robert Agostini, 47, of Prospect Row, Bury, pleaded guilty to harassment and damaging property in June.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that the recovering drug addict had been in a ‘troubled relationship’ with a woman living in Northgate Street and damaged her property and harassed her with repeated messages and calls.
He had also sold items she owned at a pawnbrokers, said Robert Sadd, prosecuting.
A three month prison sentence was imposed but Agostini was freed as he had served a longer term on remand.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North