CCTV spots drunk on way to car
POLICE were soon on the scene when a drunk driver set off through Bury St Edmunds.
Town centre CCTV staff called them after seeing Keiran Clive Ballard stagger to his car, Wayne Ablett, prosecuting, told Bury Magistrates on Friday. The police stopped him nearby in Parkway.
Ballard, 20, of Redgate, Thetford, admitted driving with excess alcohol, namely 77 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
Lyndon Davis, defending, said: “He had driven to Bury but wasn’t intending to drive home, then, in drink, was going to.”
He added that Ballard had split up with his long term partner.
Ballard was banned for 20 months, to be reduced by five months on completion of a course. He was also fined £340 with £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge. His licence was endorsed.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North