A Bury St Edmunds restaurant has today been named as one of the UK’s top 10.
Maison Bleue, in Churchgate Street, has been named in TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Restaurants Awards for 2013.
The restaurant, which offers French cuisine, was placed ninth in the Travellers’ Choice Favourite Fine Dining Restaurants in the UK.
It is the first time a restaurant in Suffolk has made the top ten.
Owner Regis Crépy said the accolade was ‘fantastic news’ for his team, adding that the restaurant was fortunate to be ‘surrounded by people who like good food’.
He said: “We’re ecstatic. It’s absolutely fantastic because we’re in very very good company. It’s the best award to get, so it’s amazing. Obviously we talk to our customers all the time but coming from the customers has much more power than coming from guides.”
Celebrated restaurant Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, in Great Milton, has been named the UK’s favourite fine dining experience, and is the only UK restaurant to be named among the top ten favourites in the world and top five favourites in Europe.
Second in the UK is Devon’s Gidleigh Park, in Chagford, which also comes ninth in Europe, while Gordon Ramsay’s Petrus, in London, has taken the UK’s third spot.
The awards, which this year focus on fine dining, are based on millions of reviews published on TripAdvisor worldwide.
For the complete list of 2013 Travellers’ Choice Restaurants winners, go to www.tripadvisor.co.uk/TravellersChoice-Restaurants
The Travellers’ Choice Favourite Fine Dining Restaurants UK are:
1. Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, Oxford, England
2. Gidleigh Park, Chagford, Devon, England
3. Petrus, London, England
4. Lumiere, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
5. Andrew Fairlie @ Gleneagles, Auchterarder, Scotland
6. Ocean Restaurant, St. Brelade, Jersey, Great Britain
7. The Ledbury, London, England
8. Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland
9. Maison Bleue Restaurant, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
10. Le Gavroche, London, England