Thousands flock to festive lights switch on
Thousands of people descended on Bury St Edmunds town centre to kick off the festive season at the annual Christmas lights switch on.
Donkeys, reindeer and penguins were among the highlights at last night’s event as well as street and stage entertainment.
Shoppers could also browse dozens of charity and business stalls , enjoy music, fairground rides, face-painting and a magician.
It was organised by town centre improvement organisation Bid4Bury.
Chief executive Mark Cordell said: “There was a real family atmosphere and it went superbly well. We’re pretty confident there were more people there than last year.”
The lights were turned on by Sue Kemp, a winner in the Bury Free Press Business Awards.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west