Sous chef in Bury St Edmunds is named as company’s best
A sous chef at Giraffe in Bury St Edmunds been named the best in the UK.
Charlie Johnson, 28, was named sous chef of the year in the company’s G’Oscars.
Jon Halliday, manager of the Bury branch said: “There are 47 Giraffe restaurants and all have at least one sous chef.
“I am really pleased for her. “It is not just in recognition of her work in producing good food, it is her contribution to the financial performance of the restaurant as well.
“The role of a sous chef is a kitchen manager not just a cook. She has improved our standards and morale.”
Charlie, who joined the Bury restaurant from Chelmford eight months ago, said: “I don’t think I have done anything extra,
“I’ve just done my job, I work hard, but obviously they think I have excelled. It’s nice.”
She was awarded with a trophy and a Kindle.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North