Security guards who helped track attempted murder suspects in Bury St Edmunds win industry award
Security guards based in the arc in Bury St Edmunds have won a regional award after they helped apprehend two suspects in an attempted murder.
Kayleigh Weaver and Justin White who work for Vision Security Group (VSG) won best use of technology in the British Security Industry Association (BSIA) regional security personnel awards.
The award is for their work with CCTV - one example of which is how they analysed several days worth of footage to help search for the attempted murder suspects.
“We feel very proud and honoured to have won this award,” they said.
“It came as a total surprise to both of us to be recognised for our effort when really, all we were doing was our day to day role as security officers.”
They now go through to a national awards judging phase ahead of a cermony in July.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North