Farm shop in Depden expecting 10,000th customer in 10 months
Depden Farm Shop is expecting to welcome its 10,000th customer this weekend, just 10 months after opening.
Tim Freathy who runs the business said: “Starting up a new business is nerve shredding if like me, you had never done it before.
“But the support we have had from local people and businesses has been wonderful.
“The most tricky part in starting out was getting people to come in the first place and give us try.
“We are not on the high street, so people do have seek us out at bit, even if we are on the main Bury-Haverhill road.
“Winning the bfp business award last year really helped us - it let people know we were here and worth a look.
“Once people visit, they obviously like what we’re doing, because they keep coming back.
“It’s amazing that we are about welcome our 10,000th customer in our first year of trading - we hadn’t expected to do that until well into year two.”
The 10,000th customer, will receive two free tickets to its May supper club (worth £50).
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west