Stitch in time saves skills
A GROUP which promotes and preserves stitch and textile skills is staging its first ever exhibition in St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
The 4S – The Stitch Skills Swap Shop – will be showcasing its work between September 21 and 27.
The small group of amateur embroidery and textile craft enthusiasts from East Anglia meet weekly in Chevington Village Hall where they share their skills.
The exhibition will show examples of their intricate and painstaking work which includes dyed and painted fabrics, canvas work, silk paper and beads.
Fascinators and Diva dolls will feature and a display of pockets and tags.#
More about 4S is on www.4sssswapshop.com
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west