Launch of month-long festival
A CELEBRATION of arts and culture this month was launched this week as OctoBury Fair began.
A month-long series of more than 70 different events offers a wide showcase of performances at various venues in Bury St Edmunds.
The partnership involves the Theatre Royal, St Edmundsbury Cathedral, The Apex, Abbeygate Picturehouse, Smiths Row art gallery, the Tourist Information Office and Suffolk Record Office.
As well as a wide range of entertainments, exhibitions and music there will be a series of ‘free at 5’ events popping up in unexpected places around the town.
These are free arts events at 5pm to offer some interesting performances to people as they leave work.
Chris Grady, OctoBury co-ordinator and head of external relations at the theatre, said: “People may think of Bury as a sleepy Suffolk town, but we hope that OctoBury Fair as well as Bury Festival, Bury Fringe, the Food and Drink Festival and all the others will help blow that preconception wide open.”
For more information, go to www.facebook.com/Octobury
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east