Bury Festival Review: Not So Silent Movies
With no rehearsals or sheet music, top musicians fire off improvised soundtracks to classic silent films they have never seen before.
What follows is an innovative curio and joyous celebration of entertainment in one of its purest forms.
Masterpiece comedies by Charlie Chaplain, Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton are given their unique never-to-be-heard-again songbook.
Every pratfall, set piece and dramatic beat has its own musical palette from the delicate stroke of a harp string to the thundering rumble of drums. Notes are suggested by the audience with eclectic results. Much like the ahead of their time films though, Not So Silent oozes with ambition and raw talent. PD
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North