Bringing home gold
BURY St Edmunds has again brought home gold from this year’s Anglia in Bloom.
And while the overall award went to Halstead, in Essex, Bury took took gold in the large town category.
“We’re absolutely thrilled. Having been out of Anglia in Bloom for a year, to come back on the gold level was absolutely fantastic,” said Bury in Bloom campaign manager Julia Rackowe.
She added: “We were quite close, and next year we want to be overall winner.”
Growing Well in Bury was nominated for best community project in the special awards category, for its commitment to improve the appearance of Well Street.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east