Two more joint police and fire stations opened
Elmswell fire station became a joint fire and police station today.
It was the second of three joint facilities to be opened in a pioneering cost cutting move by Suffolk’s County Council and Police, which began with Ixworth in January and continued with Debenham joint station a couple of hours after Elmswell.
Today’s two stations were opened by Colin Spence, county cabinet member for public protection, and Tim Passmore, Suffolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east