Triple funds boost for charities
Charities have been enjoying some extra benefits thanks to customers shopping at Waitrose in Bury St Edmunds before Christmas.
The store’s Community Matters campaign tripled the amount charities received in November and December donating a total of £6,000 to local causes.
Six groups benefitted from the drive. They were Womens Aid, Age UK Suffolk, the RSPCA, Horringer’s Neighbourhood Scheme, Glastonbury Court and the Salvation Army.
Jane Gunsman, community matters co-ordinator, said: “It’s really nice to see a smile on the faces of the charities we support and we mainly work towards donating to local causes.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west