In vogue for hospice
A GLAMOROUS fashion show strutted up £4,035 for a Bury St Edmunds charity.
The show at the West Wing, in Ickworth, showcased a number of styles from Bury retailers in aid of St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The event is in its third year and was organised by Sharon Ridgeon, who is a manager at NatWest, in the town.
She said: “My husband’s mother died of leukaemia and she was in and out of the hospice. Seeing the care she received made me want to do something for it.
“It was a brilliant night, a lot of hard work but good fun, too.”
Shops featured included Cabana, Scarlet, Anna, Anne Furbank, Six Whiting Street and Paul Stephens with models’ hair styled by Gavin Ashley.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east