Healthy Ambitions Suffolk has new man at the top
The man at the helm of Healthy Ambitions Suffolk has been annnounced as Richard Powell, former regional director of the National Trust in Eastern England.
Richard becomes chief executivfe of the organisation which works to improve the health and well being of people living in Suffolk.
He worked for 23 years as Director for the RSPB in the East of England and chaired the Heritage Lottery Fund for the region.
He said: “Whilst the health and well being of people in Suffolk is generally good, some groups and communities experience much poorer health than others.
“In difficult economic times halth is more important than ever. A healthy workforce is more productive and healthy children perform better at school which improves their future prospects.”
Mr Powell said that Healthy Ambitions is aiming to work with schools and colleges as well as business in a range of new projects to be launched in the coming weeks.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west