Dogs and humans in ‘dashing’ form
DRINKSTONE villagers again pulled together to create an excellent fete and dog show despite being without a village hall and its facilities after fire destroyed their building three years ago.
The crowds turned out and there was something for everyone as the day raised more than £2,000 towards the rebuilding fund.
The walls of the new hall are expected to go up in a couple of weeks and Sunday played its part.
There was a scarecrow competition for children, tug-of-war contests, a classic car display and the Drinkstone Dash, where people have to leap hay bales. After the human ‘dash’ it was the turn of the dogs who throughly enjoyed the event.
There was music from the junior section of Stowmarket Concert Band and DJ Trevor and refreshments were provided by Edna’s Country Kitchen, Manju’s Indian Snacks and Robin’s Retreat bar.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west