Ball raises cash for diabetes
A masquerade ball at the West Wing, in Ickworth Park, raised £6,500 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
The event was organised by Jayne Ashworth after her son Archie, aged eight, was diagnosed with type one diabetes.
Her children also took part in fund-raising activities during World Diabetes Day earlier this month at Norton Pre-school, Norton Primary and Ixworth Middle.
She said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who supported these events and raised this incredible amount. Diabetes type one is a chronic, life threatening and life long condition and JDRF is committed to funding the research that will lead us to a cure.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North