Advance to London to play life-size Monopoly
MEMBERS of Thetford Players have been exploring a new way to play Monopoly.
On Saturday, the players travelled to London to take part in their first ever Monopoly Race. The traditional board game was turned into a fun, real-life version with the aim of raising money for their charity of the year, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (Each). Speakers Corner in Hyde Park became their GO! spot and the 22 players visited as many places in London featured on the Monopoly board as possible.
The winning group, Fairgate Flyers, reached 26 out of 27 locations. The game lasted five hours and was done in 30C. Their prize, a £50 Amazon voucher, was donated to Each. The fun day raised just under their £1,500 target.
If anyone would like to donate, they can go to www.justgiving.com/Robert-Waple0
If you would like to join call 07738 174069.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east