DCSIMG

Clark looks to make progress

BURY Town striker Ryan Clark is hoping to exceed expectations at Ram Meadow once again next season after signing a new deal at the club.

The young forward made his debut for the Blues last campaign and was also Team Bury’s top scorer in the Ridgeons League First Division with 11 goals.

His form for Bury’s feeder club prompted Town boss Richard Wilkins to select him in the starting line-up for a 2-1 victory over eventual Ryman League Premier Division champions Sutton United on January 22.

“I’m delighted to be kept on and hopefully I can progress even better than last year,” said Clark, who admitted he surpassed his own expectations during 2010/11. “It was great to get the opportunity to play in some of the bigger games.

“I want to do as well as I can in training and when I get the opportunity to play for Bury do as well as I can.”

The teenager has also been pleased with the club’s transfer dealings so far this summer, which has seen midfielders Danny Cunningham, John Kennedy and Stephen Smith sign on.

“We’ve got some good players in to go with those we had last season,” said Clark. “I think we can only get better and push for the play-offs, if not the championship.”

n Connor Hall, who scored twice in 27 matches for Team Bury last season, has also signed on for Bury Town.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page